Water treatment in Caucaia
to conduct an opinion survey of the target group on the new technology for water treatment to be implemented in the municipality of Caucaia/CE, using text messages (SMS) and Voice Response Unit (VRU) calls.
the interviewees did not consider piped water to be potable, and purchased mineral water from other sources.
- Registration: support from MGov in developing materials, printing and handling; the presence of a coordinator in the field to support the process locally;
- Audience: 240 residents in the Caucaia/CE region participating in the water treatment program;
- Phraseology: questionnaire by VRU, single calls of up to 5 minutes with about 14 questions, about the individual’s opinion of the quality of their water before and after the technology was implemented;
- Incentives: BRL5.00 pre-paid cellphone credit as a reward for answering all of the questions.
- Automated interactive communication by VRU.
- The interim report identified that the interviewees did not consider piped water to be potable, and purchased mineral water from other sources.