to develop a platform for the family and school to communicate, and to engage the family in the education of their children and young people, using SMS. For school-family communication, the school has access to the EduqMais platform to send SMS messages to parents. For engaging the families, the EduqMais platform sends messages to the families with suggestions for activities. The solution has the objective of connecting the family and the school, as part of the effort to engage society most effectively in the education of the country.
EduqMais increases parent participation, student dedication to their studies, and the % of the students that want to complete Secondary School and go on to university.
- Registration:Face-to-face, with the support of material produced by MGov, by the directors and teachers of the schools participating in the survey;
- Audience: In 2015, 2000 families of Primary Schools students aged 6 and 7 years old in government schools of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Fortaleza;
- Phraseology: Weekly sequences of facts and activities with themes specific to each phase of child development;
- Incentives: No financial incentives.
- Interactive SMS campaigns.
- EduqMais increases parent participation, student dedication to their studies, and the % of the students that want to complete Secondary School and go on to university;
- EduqMais practically eliminates differences in parent participation between families with household income below one minimum salary and those with income between one and three minimum salaries;
- For each Brazilian real of investment, EduqMais was as effective, or more effective, than other interventions with proven impact, such as community schools or contracting full-time teachers in African countries.