Cafeicultores (Coffee farmers)
to assess the impact of the BID - Cafeicultores program, so as to confirm whether is encouraging coffee farmers to adopt production best practice.
The assessment detected a problem in the targeting of the policy, given that 31% of the interviewees stated they had not participated in the project.
- Registration: using the contracting party’s database;
- Audience: 3000 family coffee farmers with at least 10 hectares planted with coffee and total surface area less than 50 hectares;
- Phraseology: two waves of questions about production and quality, organization and cooperative working, and adaptation to climate change;
- Incentives: BRL5.00 pre-paid cellphone credit as reward for answering all the questions.
- Automated interactive communication by SMS.
- The impact assessment found that the only significant result was on the practice of mulching;
- A problem was detected in the targeting of the policy, given that 31% of the interviewees stated they had not participated in the project;
- The opinions survey showed that the program had good approval among those it reached;
- Some reported difficulty in continuing the practices without technical support.