Tempo É Saúde (Time is Health)
to document, in two phases, the opinions of users of the Embu das Artes municipal health service, in different aspects of the quality of the services provided, to assess the causal impact on these opinions of the modernization of the management of the primary health care clinics in the municipality, implemented by Cause in partnership with Libbs.
Cause responded to the results of the first phase by reinforcing the activities involving infrastructure and training on use of the new systems; in the second phase, there was an improving trend from the efforts at capacity building, and the users responding most recently noticed an improvement with regard to waiting times.
- Registration: Face-to-face, with support from the material produced by MGov, by the employees of the primary health care units and the emergency clinics at the time of being registered for treatment;
- Audience: 3694 people registered in 15 health units, with 1333 interviewees conducted;
- Phraseology: Institutional communication of the project by SMS, with the intensity randomized to ascertain the impact on the probability of return. Ten questions about the waiting times for consultation, booking of appointments and collection of test results, triage criteria and the overall quality of the service, divided into two rounds over up to 12 months;
- Incentives: BRL5.00 in pre-paid cellphone credit for completing the whole survey.
- Correction of the failure of the randomization using SMS;
- Voice Response Unit calls.
- Cause reinforced the activities involving infrastructure and training on use of the new systems;
- In the second phase there was an improving trend from the capacity building efforts;
- The users who returned most recently to the Primary Health Care Unit noticed an improvement with regard to waiting times.