Cidadania Financeira Project (Financial Citizenship)
To assess the impact of the Cidadania Financeira (Financial Citizenship) project, which consists of a series of activities aimed at improving the relationship citizens have with the financial system. This has the objective of understanding how the project is actually impacting on the work of assistants and managers of the consumer protection agency (Procons), calculating the social return per Brazilian real invested, and demonstrating that the project activities are responsible for the impact produced.
The audit proved that the course increased the participants’ knowledge of financial topics, of the national financial system and of the Brazilian Central Bank by 11.6 percentage points.
- Registration: Opt-in was the responsibility of the client;
- Audience: Up to 500 users;
- Phraseology: Questions assessing the knowledge of the participants about the financial system, the consumer channels for challenging debts, general consumer protection regulations, and the use of credit cards, as well as about their participation in the Project and about the quality of the activities offered by the Central Bank (Bacen);
- Incentives: Reward voucher of up to BRL15.00 for use in Cultura bookshops.
- The users were divided into a control group and an intervention group;
- Preparation of an online questionnaire.
- Assistants had increased confidence to assist customers with questions and in using the bank in practical cases;
- The course received a positive assessment from the majority of participants;
- The course increased the participants’ knowledge of financial topics, of the national financial system and of the Brazilian Central Bank by 11.6 percentage points.