Assessment of teachers’ opinions of educational materials
To gather the opinions of teachers in the State of Bahia about the educational materials developed by Geodinâmica.
The teachers’ opinions suggest a promising way forward as the majority claim to have noticed an improvement in the behavior and performance of their students through the use of the materials.
- Registration: Face-to-face, during the 4th Science and Mathematics Fair of Bahia (FECIBA - Feira de Ciências e Matemática da Bahia), held from October 28 to 30, 2014, in Salvador and mailing teachers coming under the Secretariat of Education in the State of Bahia;
- Audience: 175 interviewees;
- Phraseology: 19 questions about the socio-demographic characteristics of the respondents and about the educational materials, covering the level of student and teacher engagement, and the impact on professional practices and classroom discipline;
- Incentives: BRL5.00 in pre-paid cellphone credit for completing the whole survey.
- SMS and voice response unit calls.
- Outreach: The results suggest the need to use other channels to disseminate the materials;
- Impact: The opinions of the teachers suggest a promising way forward as the majority claim to have noticed an improvement in the behavior and performance of their students through the use of the materials;
- Diversity: The impact of the Geodinâmica material can be tailored to students as it has different levels of complexity in its use;
- Programa Ciência na Escola (Science in School Program): The program has great outreach, but problems with targeting.